Travel News: June 9th 2021

wizz air resumes several fligts from budapest

According to Vicky Karantzavelou from Travel Daily News, Hungarian Low-cost carrier Wizz Air has resumed flights between Budapest and seven other destinations, offering customers yet more travel options as restrictions continue to ease throughout Europe. On Friday, 4th of June the ultra-low-cost carrier (ULCC) did re-open connections from the Hungarian capital to Podgorica, Malta, and Lisbon, while Saturday saw links to Catania relaunch. The weekend concluded with the airport seeing Barcelona, Bari, and Gothenburg on its route map once again.

The ULCC has already confirmed frequency increases on five routes which will result in another 3,992 weekly seats returning to Budapest’s schedule by July. During the height of the summer season, Wizz Air will operate twice-weekly to Montenegro’s capital, the Sicilian city of Catania, and the Swedish seaport of Gothenburg. With flights to Malta, Lisbon, and the southern Italian port city of Bari being three-times weekly, connections to the cosmopolitan capital of Spain’s Catalonia region will see services running four-times weekly.

“We remain focused on taking steps to ease travel and, with the help of close airline partners such as Wizz Air, our customers know their safety and wellbeing is looked after,” says Balázs Bogáts, Head of Airline Development, Budapest Airport. “Hungary has a strong, European-leading, vaccination programme and at the airport we provide the highest safety and hygiene standards at every point of our passengers’ journeys to continue the safe return of air connectivity.”

For the original source, please click here and continue reading on Travel Daily News.

Source: Pixabay.com


Singapore-Hong Kong air travel bubble will not start soon

According to Kurt Ganapathy from Channel News Asia, the long discussed Singapore-Hong Kong air travel bubble will remain on hold even though the COVID-19 situation in Singapore has improved, the Ministry of Transport (MOT) said on Thursday (Jun 10). Authorities on both sides will review the situation in July before deciding on a launch date. 

The COVID-19 situation in Hong Kong has remained stable, with very few community cases in recent weeks, the ministry noted.

“Both Singapore and Hong Kong remain strongly committed to launching the air travel bubble safely. We will continue to monitor the public health situation in both places closely,” MOT said.

Both Singapore’s Transport Minister S Iswaran and Hong Kong’s Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development Edward Yau have maintained “close contact”, the ministry said, adding that they agreed that both sides would review the situation in early July, before making a decision on the target launch dates of flights under the air travel bubble. 

For further details, please click here and continue reading on Channel News Asia.

Source: Pixabay.com


European Union and ASEAN establish open skies for travelers

According to ttrweekly.com, The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the European Union signed off on the Comprehensive Air Transport Agreement (AE CATA), credited with being the first region to region aviation agreement in the world. Negotiations stretched out five years leading up to the historic signing ceremony last week.

The two regions pledged to work towards recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic and the liberalising of air services. They will collaborate on aviation safety, air traffic management, consumer protection, environmental and social issues.

ASEAN, made up of 10 nations (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam), stands to benefit as more direct competitive services will be established linking aviation hubs in Europe with ASEAN capital cities that will ultimately boost leisure and business travel.

For further details, please click here and continue reading on trrweekly.com

Source: Pixabay.com


WebBeds did launch new interactive travel restrictions tool

According to ttrweekly.com, WebBeds, one of to be the world’s largest and fastest-growing B2B bedbank brings together Destinations of the World, FIT Ruums, Jactravel, Lots of Hotels, Sunhotels and Totalstay trading platforms. Those will be combined to one interactive tool.

The new tool is available now in English, French, German, Spanish and Arabic, with Japanese, Korean and Simplified Chinese versions coming online in July.

The tool is powered by Sherpa and consolidates information from thousands of official data sources to display international travel restrictions for over 180 countries and domestic travel restrictions for the USA, UK, Canada and Australia.

WebBeds CEO Daryl Lee said in a statement: “As part of our ongoing Transformation Strategy, that includes providing travel trade clients with an enhanced booking experience, we are pleased to offer this tool to help clients save time and reinforce their credentials as trusted travel experts. This simple tool provides a fast and easy reference point to help clients negotiate the evolving landscape of travel restrictions worldwide.”

The user experience is very simple. By inputting… for the rest of the article, please click here and continue reading on ttrweekly.com.

Source: Pixabay.com


UAE bars entry to travellers from several african countries

According to thenationalnews.com, the United Arab Emirates on Wednesday barred entry to travellers from Zambia, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda.The measures include national and overseas airlines as well as transit passengers arriving on them. However transit flights travelling through the UAE and those destined for the above countries are exempt from the ruling.

The ruling will come into effect from 11.59pm on Friday.

On Monday, Uganda’s president Yoweri Museveni introduced new lockdown measures to tackle a wave of Covid-19 cases among young people. An announcement was made about the closure of schools and universities for 42 days and suspended public gatherings and prayers in mosques and churches.

On June 4, the country recorded 1,259 cases, the highest in a single day, with officials reporting long lines at hospitals. According to President Museveni, the wave mostly affected people aged between 20 and 39 – and an increase in transmission rates among children aged 10 to 19.

Last week, the Democratic Republic of Congo said…for the rest of the article, please click here and continue reading on thenationalnews.com

Source: Pixabay.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.